Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SIMPLE FAITH


This is the first amazing news while I was in National Service……an incredible story of my Orang Asli friend.
While in National Service, I was privilege to meet new friends who share the same faith. Emmanuel, Rozaimy (Orang Asli) and I would gather and pray during break time. During one of the prayer session, Rozaimy saw a vision. In the vision, all he could see was a white bright light which gets brighter and brighter and a cross. As he shared his vision, he felt very happy within him which he could not really explain why.
After the Chinese New Year break, Emmanuel told me that ever since that incident, Rozaimy has telling people that he is a Christian whenever people asked him of his belief. One of the most amazing things is when we went to church, Rozaimy learned about the Holy Spirit and the leaders from the church would like to pray for those that have yet to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Rozaimy was hesitant to go out to be prayed for but I encouraged him to do so and even accompany him out. While Rozaimy was being prayed, I was there to put my arms around his shoulder and I too begin to pray in tongues for him.
While I was praying I could really sense the presence of the Holy Spirit in our midst. After we have finished praying, I noticed that Rozaimy just stood there all alone and I wondered what had happened. Later on, Rozaimy shared that he knew he had received the baptism of the Holy Spirit in his life as he felt a great force of wind pushed his body during prayer. He also shared that he really felt a great joy in his heart. He went on to share that after the National service, he would tell his family what had happened to him. I was really glad for him also very encouraged by his simple faith in God. I hope through this news, all of us would begin to rise and have simple faith just like Rozaimy.
The bible say, if you faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains!!

By Edwin Choong, 18 yrs old.

No comments:

Post a Comment