Tuesday, April 28, 2009

DECLARING GOD'S WORD

I and my family had shifted out from our apartment of 15 yrs to a condominium on the 28th March, 2009. A week after we had moved into the condo, I asked my husband for direction to the market that is convenient for me to do my marketing.

The following morning, as about 6.40am, I followed my husband's car from behind for the direction to the market. When we were almost reaching the market, he gave me a signal that this was the market and he hurriedly drove off to work. I parked my car near to the market because it was still early in the morning. I sat inside the car for a while because suddenly I was confronted with the source of fear that I might not be able to find my way back to the condo. I prayed a short prayer by declaring His word in Psalms 121:2 "My help comes from the Lord." Psalms 27:1 "The Lord is my light." Isaiah 41:10 "I do not fear for the Lord is with me."

After my prayer and doing my marketing, I met with a "sister" whom I had not seen for 4 yrs. We had a short conversation and I noted down her h/p no and she left the market. It was about 7.20am when I finished my marketing. As i walked back to the car to open the door, I realized that my car key was not with me. I walked back to the market to search for the key, but I couldn't find it. I panicked and I was a loss at what to do as I feared that I would not find my way back to the condo but have lost the car key as well.

I seek the Lord again and declared God's word that "I am not afraid for the Lord is with me; He will help me." As I continued declaring His word, I realize that God's presence calm my panic. Suddenly, I remembered the "sister" whom i met earlier on. I contacted her and she told me that she would meet me back at the market in 10 mins. time. She arrived exactly at that time and as she send me back to the condo to get the car spare key, she gave me directions back to the condo.When I got back to the market, I found my car key inside the boot of the car.

From the market, I managed to drive back to the condo with much ease as I had much confidence and was without fear as I knew that the Lord was with me. I thank the Lord for His guidance to me through this "sister" and through His very words.

Brother and sisters, I encourage all of you to declare His word not only when we face difficulties or trials but everyday of your life. God's word is powerful as it carries His very presence!

I give God all the glory for the wonderful work that He has done and still is doing in my life.
Thank you, Father!

By Catherine Chew, housewife with 2 teenaged children.

No comments:

Post a Comment