Thursday, April 16, 2009

IT'S ABOUT HIM

Recently, I was asked to stay behind after my science subject has ended. My science teacher had wanted me to help her return the books to my other classmates. As I stayed behind, my teacher and I begin to have a conversation. It was in the midst of the conversation I begin to pour my frustration to her about my responsibility as a school prefect. I had assumed that she would begin to sympathize with me but that was not so. In fact, she actually corrected me of my negativity!

The following are her words:-
Science teacher said: “You have the leadership skill, why won’t you use it to help the school? I noticed that you are actually well prepared for challenges as you never seem to be afraid to face any of it. I don’t know why, you seem to have the power to attract my attention even though it’s just my first year teaching you. Every single thing that you do would bring a lot of changes. I’m proud that there’s a girl like you who comes from a Chinese speaking primary school being a school prefect in a English Missionary Secondary School…..…..”

At the end of our conversation, my teacher has me reflect back on what she had spoken. As I pondered and reflect back, I begin to realize that she was right. We should do everything that we can to take back our school for God. I begin to know that it’s no longer about me but about God, His work and the many other lives that would be impacted. God and His work are more important than my own feelings.

By Vanessa Lee, 14 yrs old.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Vanessa!! You're awesome!!!

    :D

    So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete