Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SEEK FIRST HIS KINGDOM AND RIGHTEOUSNESS

In the mid year 2007, Ps. Chung form ANS, Muar gave me prophecies with regards to my future studies and my purpose here on this earth. The following is an excerpt of the 1st prophecy:
“The Lord says that I want to open your spiritual eyes through my spirit of wisdom to allow you to see your future, see the occupation, see the very course/study that I want you to join. In this course/study, I will give you the strength, wisdom and beyond, to receive the very strength/power that I’ve given to you, the qualification that I've given to you. I want my holy spirit and my wisdom to fill you.”
The 2nd prophecy I received in the mid year 2008:
“God will show by His spirit, little by little about my future.”

When I finished my High School and got my exams results, I begin to ponder about my future and began asking even my siblings for advice as to what course to pursue in college. I totally forgot about the above prophecies. I was so preoccupied with these matters that I totally forgot to seek God for His plans upon my life.

It was during my conversation with Sis. Laffy that she suggested, that I should consider the course in “Counseling”. As she observed my life, she felt that I have this ability to give counsel to people. This is an area which I have never even thought of. Nevertheless, I was still doubtful of what she spoke and went to look for other courses. But all these efforts going on my own way just lead me deeper into confusion and creating more doubts in me.

In the night, I recalled back of those prophecies that God has given to me. I kept on declaring His words that He had spoken to me. That same night, God gave me a dream. In the dream, I saw myself giving counsel to my friends who were quarreling earlier on. It was after my counsel that they begin to reconcile were holding hands together to pray along with me. Here, God began to reveal His purpose for me by taking up this course in counseling. In fact, I saw myself as the very source that would bring about changes and impact in my college

Even though I have made the decision and applied for this course, there were negative thoughts that came to my mind. My dad too was worried if I was making the right decision as he felt that there would be limited job opportunities in this area. Nevertheless I refuse to give in to these negative thinking patterns and worries about my future. As I begin to hold on to His words and obey His ways, I began to have such a rest and peace in my heart and mind to study this course. I no longer have to worry anymore as His word says in
Matt 6:33 “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”


By Edwin Choong, 18 yrs old.

No comments:

Post a Comment