Friday, April 17, 2009

I AM DIFFERENT!


One day as I was assigned to take care of my class after the recess, a classmate of mine came and approached me. She wanted to speak to me personally therefore I listened to her attentively.

She mentioned that she and a few others are in a team and is in the midst of entering a competition and her current group is need another team member. What surprised me was, she mentioned that I was a suitable candidate to join her team because she noticed that I was matured in my way of handling situations. She needed a person with such quality to lead the rest of the team members.

I was so surprised that I did know how to respond to her. I refused her offer as I felt I was busy furthermore I did not want to stayed back after school that often.But she kept begging me profusely that I finally agreed to her request.

As I was seated, I begin to ponder about this incident; I was reminded by what Sis. Laffy had said previously. She said, “Everywhere we go we must carry ourselves well because there are people looking at us because of our identity, as a Christian.”
I begin to realize that the people around me could see that I am different from the others!!

I am different! I am extraordinary! Simply because my God is with me!

By Vanessa Lee, 14 yrs old.

No comments:

Post a Comment