Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BREAKTHRU'S IN HK Part 1

To explain a bit about the background of my work in Hong Kong(HK),

My boss roughly briefed me about the status of a project in Hong Kong during Nov 2008 and I was aware of some of the problems during that time. I was then requested to assist to work the Project in Hong Kong at end of Feb 2009 and was told that it is suppose to be implemented by 1st of April 2009 for phase 1. Therefore I was told to assist to work towards implementing the system by then as it is very crucial to the customer and I assume that I will be working in Hong Kong for a short period of time, maybe about 2-3 months.

As I heard this, I felt the tremendous pressure on this project. To simply elaborate, the project was running for about a 9 months and I am suppose to go into the project and within 1 month, I need to set things in order and make sure it can be launched….. Wow, just imagine how pressure it would be ?. I really needed a miracle to do that. I analyzed and reply my boss that I do not have the confident as I cannot make things happen within 1 month, however I will do my best to make it happen.

As I share this with Sis Kim Suan and others, I was encouraged that with GOD’s strength and by His will, if I am placed there in the project, He will make things happen, there is a purpose.

Therefore I came to Hong Kong in end of Feb 2009, the customer was impressed by my presence in the project, they insisted my boss to place me under this project until the end. I tried my best, however the system was not able to kick off 1st April. I was very discouraged at first as I feel that I failed to make things happened. A series of event started to happen, our relationship with the customer is turning sour and things went on until the extent of considering legal actions against my company. After much negotiation between the management of both company, things started to change and the relationship was restored. However, the project is still facing a lot of problems.

During the month of April and May, we started to re-plan the project and during this period it was quite a hostile situation as the relationship with the customer was in bad terms. After the re-planning, miraculously we were able to negotiate and extended the project into 3 sub phases. Which was phase 1.1 – implement Jan 2010, phase 1.2 – implement Jun 2010 and phase 1.3 – implement Dec 2010. Just imagine, it was further extended into another 20 months. Really a miracle again for we are able to extend the implementation and Customer relationship restored.

And here we are now Jan 2010 and we have managed to implement phase 1.1 successfully.

In these hard and troubled times for the past 10 months, I experienced emotion roller coasters, uncertainty, discouragement, overwhelming, frustration, …etc but I overcame each of it by trusting in HIS WORD, knowing that His words would always remain. I pray to GOD and TCC Church member’s also prayed along during these periods. I have then experience GOD’s grace in my life and I would like to share how great is HE in the part 2 of my testimony.

By Victor Loo



Destiny,Belinda,Victor & Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment