Thursday, September 3, 2009

HUMILITY

During this holiday, I participated in the “IYC” conference in Muar. Plenty of things happened there…amazing things that God has done…

First of all, I want to ask you whether you know what’s the true meaning of “humble” mentioned in the bible. Maybe some of you will think it means not to be proud just like what I thought it was. But actually, it means that a person that is humble and is a high achiever not just ownself but for OTHERS. People with humility are also hardworking people, they will always help others to be where they are. I have always thought I was humble, that is until last Thursday.

Dr. Jonathan David’s daughter, Joanne, separated all the primary students and all the secondary school students each into a group, including me. At first, I was very unhappy because I don’t want to be in a “children’s group”, I felt that my level was higher, at that moment, I started to become proud, but I didn’t even notice it.

I complained this separation thing to my leader, Sis. Laffy. After she heard this, she immediately told me I’m beginning to be proud, she said: “You may be a level higher than the other children, but you must know that God did this for a purpose.”, I felt quite hurt because everybody in school has been saying I’m humble, but I took her word seriously, and change my attitude.

Joanne did not manage to find a leader for our group so everybody voted me and Nicole (my best friend) to be the temporary leader. I noticed that all of the kids won’t open their mouth and lift up their hands to worship God. I pushed them like how Sis. Kim Suan did to us and it worked! About a day later, they spoke in tongues strongly and lift up their hands to worship God, besides that, our relationship also got better and better.

It was through this I learned that being humble means "HELPING OTHERS TO ACHIEVE THE LEVEL WHERE I AM NOW!" I really hope that all the people in the group would continue to have this strong passion for God, truly, God is AMAZING..!!!!

By Amy Ho, 11 years old



No comments:

Post a Comment