Tuesday, September 8, 2009

GOD'S WORD

I followed some of our church members to the conference ‘IYC’ in Muar. During that week, God did many amazing things in my life. I learned a lot from Papa Jonathan David too. I believe that God really spoke to me through Papa.

When Papa says: When we face problem, DON’T pray. Prayer is not going to solve the problem. I was shocked, and I know I wasn’t the only one that was shocked. In my mind I said: What? Don’t pray? Then what shall we do? I always pray when I face problem, isn’t that the way to solve the problem? He went on saying: Prayer is not going to solve the problem, what is going to solve the problem is God’s word! And that’s the moment I solve all my confusion. God isn’t going to help us solve every single problem when we pray.

I also shared this to Sis. Stephanie. She says that I should look through the bible and find verses that will encourage me when I face problems. Let me give you an example. When we have no faith in God, we can read the story of David and Goliath in 1 Samuel 17. In this chapter, we can know that David, who is just a young man, can kill Goliath, who is a 9 feet tall giant. David have strong faith in God, he killed Goliath easily by throwing stones.

When God gave us challenges, we are the one that is going to overcome it. God will only give us challenges when He thinks that we are ready to face it. God has given us the tools that we need to overcome the challenge, and we are going to use it and achieve victory!

By John Ho, 13 yrs old

No comments:

Post a Comment