Friday, October 29, 2010

UNEXPECTED DIVINE INTERVENTION

As a dutiful citizen of this country, I would declare my annual income every year. However, this year I received a letter from LHDN (Inland Revenue) stating that I owed them money and had to pay them a certain sum, which amounted to a five figure income tax. Personally I felt I should not be taxed but then what is ‘Caesar’s belongs to Caesar’s’; therefore I thought of going to the LHDN department to make arrangement in the payment mode – i.e. to request payment by installment since it was such a big sum.

At about the same time, I sent my car to my regular workshop and while the mechanics were working on my car, I casually related this experience to the workshop owner. He recommended me his chartered accountant and encouraged me to see him. It so happened too that I had all the relevant documents in my car, so I met up with the Chartered Accountant. I gave him all my files and documents and he promised to look into my case. In his professionalism, he wrote a letter quoting certain Articles and Laws, stating the reasons for my exemption. This week, I received a letter from LHDN approving my exemption – I don’t have to pay any additional tax! Hallelujah! And the amazing thing is, the amount that I need to pay the accountant for his service is just a fraction of what I was taxed!

God is so good!

By Bruce Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment