Thursday, October 28, 2010

" I BELIEVE ! "

The beginning of this year has been challenging for me personally as it began with my career going downhill. Being in the sales line, achieving sales target is an absolute. In addition to that, my company has increased my sales target from a previous 2million USD to 6.8million USD this year – triple the amount. Early this year, however, I lost some significant tenders; in fact, one of them was an important client to our company. Not achieving the sales target and not closing on significant deals certainly reflects on my performance. And I was beginning to tell myself that if I loose the upcoming tender, I better get ready to tender in my resignation, rather risked being fired.

It was at such time that I felt insecure and vulnerable; yet I remember that this is the year of the unusual, so I learn to submit and to trust God. I’m reminded of the prophetic word that was release to me sometime ago but I have yet to see His word come into fulfillment. Nevertheless I choose to believe and stayed on His prophetic word.

In the last two months, I had been working on a tender that I lost earlier this year. It was in the midst of pursuing it that I received text messages from church members. Bear in mind, none of them knew what I was going through specifically. One of the text messages was related to the supernatural work that happened to one of our church members (read the post on “God’s supernatural work by Sis. Way Faan”). The text ended with these words, “She heard the word and responded and supernatural thing begin to happen. Let’s keep the same attitude and believe; YOU would be the next recipient of the supernatural works of God.” Without hesitation, I responded to it with, “I BELIEVE!”

Last week, we received a letter to confirm that we had secured the tender. This tender itself is worth 50% of my sales target. Praise God for His supernatural works! I believe that as I remain in the prophetic word, I would be able to meet my sales target even before the year ends.

By Bruce Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment