Monday, June 8, 2009

REFLECTIONS BY THE ‘MOTHER OF THE HOUSE’ (Part 2)


Going to Muar in November 2006, and getting connected with Papa Jonathan David’s ISAAC network was the spiritual turning point for TCC. Things began to surface & to break out – both affirmatively and otherwise – depending on the heart condition of the believers. As a result of the meaningful positive changes that occurred in the lives of those who accepted and who flowed with the present revelation truth, this “Amazing News blog” was birthed. I find it absolutely heart-warming to note the expressions of thanksgiving, and /or acknowledgment of God’s wonderful grace in every aspect of our lives. I believe greater things are yet to come . . . but right now for me, I find myself finally ‘at home’ in TCC because the spiritual dynamics are beginning to take resemblance like that of my home church at GCC in KK.

The Bible Book of ‘Esther’

In the early days of our ISAAC connection (beginning 2007), a group of ladies initiated a monthly ladies’ fellowship. During that time I contemplated embarking a bible study with them & I chose the book of Esther. But while I was working on it, the group dissolved. This year (i.e. 2009) as I read the book of Esther again, another facet of revelation begins to unfold itself, one that I can fully relate with & which I will briefly share – please read the whole book of Esther!!

In Esther chapter 9, we read about the Jews (God’s chosen people) having the upper hand against their enemies. They were not only living but they were breaking out & breaking through with such confidence that ‘No one could stand against them’ (verse 2b), turning every situation around for their own good, to their own advantage. I have no doubt that after that designated day (see verse 1), every Jews ‘in all the provinces of King Xerxes’ (verse 2a) will have their own exciting stories or ‘amazing news’ to tell. I was impressed that such experiences & encounters were possible because of what took place at the palace in the earlier months.

At the Palace

Esther chapters 4, 5, 7 & 8, we see how Queen Esther worked & intervened on behalf of the Jews through her publicly inconspicuous (i.e. behind the scene) actions:

• Her fasting (4:16) – personal consecration before God
• Her coming before the King (5:1) – courage and availability at a great cost
• Her banquets with the King (5:4; 7:1) – required planning, preparation and
patience
• Her request & petition to the King (7:3, 4 & 8:5, 6) – the timing, the
choice & the presentation of her words were carefully selected.

Queen Esther’s selfless sacrifice, godly wisdom and graceful persistency resulted in the changes of the King’s attitude and decree towards the Jews. A new order or edict was written on their behalf permitting them the right to defend / protect for their lives on the designated day.

Queen Esther’s seemingly minor role in the palace was highly significant for without her, chapter 9 concerning the jubilee of the Jews, may not be written. Through Esther, I begin to see my role at the house and my relationship with Pastor as divinely predetermined . . .

To be continued . . .

By Ps. Nancy Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment